Wednesday, June 11, 2008

You Don’t Mess With the Zohan

You Don’t Mess With the Zohan
Rated ~ PG-13
113 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: D-

When I went into this movie, knowing that it was an Adam Sandler comedy, I wasn’t expecting much, but I was expecting a little more that what I got.

Adam Sandler had the same sexual innuendo joke for the majority of the show. The thing is, it was like watching a Jr. High student going through puberty. The cast was his typical group of cronies, but most of them lost their skills of acting (if they had them in the first place that is). I’ve seen better SNL skits where they forgot their line go better than some of the scenes in this movie. The plot was everywhere. Just when you think that you were going to get somewhere, it goes back to some dumb joke about Zohan’s cock or a view of his butt. Just when I thought the movie couldn’t get any worse, they brought in Mariah Carey . If you know me, you know that this is the one celebrity I cannot stand no matter what! Her acting ability is very handicapped. Whoever told her she could act needs to be put down like a rabid dog…along with the person who told her that she looks good in tight clothes that 14 year olds wear.

There was a good storyline that was hardly used, that should have been built upon and that was about the Israelites and the Palestinians living in the same area of NYC and coming together because there are sick of fighting. I would have not kicked myself for spending money on this if this was the main concept of the movie.

There were some funny parts to the movie, but not too many past the trailer. And if you have any kids under the age of 16, I would not take them to see this. It’ll make them and you very uncomfortable. I agree, you shouldn’t mess with the Zohan by NOT watching this crap of a film.

1 comment:

The Whitney's said...

I asked her if she could come to the football/facials thing... maybe if you called her and asked if she was going, she'd say yes :) She said she wasn't sure if she was coming or not...