Friday, June 20, 2008

Get Smart

Get Smart
Rated PG-13
110 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: A


When I walked into this film, I was expecting a bad adaptation of another TV series I loved to watch. Boy was I wrong! This movie was one that got the relation from TV to film correct. Steve Corell did Don Adams justice with his portrayal of Maxwell Smart. Ann Hathaway did a good job as Agent 99 and Dwayne Johnson did first-rate work as the strong man to the screen…but I’m a bit bias when it comes to him. He could play a fairy godmother and I enjoy it.

The only think I found that could use a bit of help was that you could figure out who the “bad guy” was fairly early in the show. Too much give away at the start of the show.

This is one of those movies I could watch over and over again. Many great references of the TV show, quirky jokes and some great action scenes. Plus there’s a Chuck Norris joke that I just found hilarious. Two thumbs up!

No comments: