Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Number Rattlers

I spend a good portion of my life on the phone at work and usually to help the individuals, I’ll have to call someone else if they are in need of repairs and then call them back with the repair information. I understand that people get frustrated when their stuff is not working properly, but if there is one thing (besides not using turn signals), that tans my hide is people who rattle off their phone numbers. Then you have to ask them to repeat it, hence a more upset person. But the worse is when you have to listen to a message that is 5 minutes long and at the end the speed through the phone number, making me have to listen to a bunch of nonsense for two or three more times. ARGGHHH! You just spent 5 minutes giving me a message take 15 more seconds and speak your number clearly. Really, is that a lot to ask?!?

Unfortunate Namesake: Crystal Clearwater

Quirky Quote: Telephone: n. An invention of the devil which abrogates some of the advantages of making a disagreeable person keep his distance. ~Ambrose Bierce

2 comments:

Pinky Lovejoy-Coogan said...

Oh, I totally hate the number rattling, as well! Especially neverending messages...they're the worst!

orangemily said...

Wow, I'm going to have to work on my number giving skills. I'm totally paranoid now! = )