Thursday, June 12, 2008

Kung Fu Panda

Kung Fu Panda
Rated ~ PG
92 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: A

This movie is jam-packed with awesomeness! A movie that you can take anyone of any age to and each person will find amusement.

The animation was wonderful, especially the backdrops and scenery shots. The trees and sky looked so real, it made you feel as if you could jump into the screen and be in the orient. The story was fun, inspiring and also had some good ol’ fairy tale moral lessons that each person can take with them.

The voice actors did a fantastic job, but the issue I had was the movie did utilize all the voices. I would have liked to have heard more from the other four “Furious Five”: Jackie Chan (Monkey), Lucy Liu (Viper), Seth Rogen (Mantis) and David Cross (Crane). It seemed that most of the voice over work for the group was with Angelina Jolie (Tigress). My only other criticism about the film is that during some of the intense action scenes, I wish they would have panned out a bit more. I felt as if there was something in the background that I should be seeing, but instead I was looking at only the body shot of the characters.

If you go and see the show, you need to stay until the end of the credits. There's a little 2 minute wrap up that is too sweet to pass up.

I highly recommend this movie. This is one of the best animated films out there.

2 comments:

orangemily said...

We saw this yesterday and loved it! Moira kept calling Master Shifu a rabbit, it was pretty funny. And she was so cute dancing to the 'Kung Fu Fighting' song during the credits!

Heather said...

I went to the movie, and I agree with you that it would have been nice to hear the other characters talking. We were looking at the credits and said, "Jackie Chan? Did the monkey even have a speaking role?"

I held off on reading this full review until I had seen the film, for fear there would be something given away. It was late and we were so tired we left before the end of the credits. I wish I would have read this so I knew I should wait.