Thursday, September 11, 2008

Space Chimps
Rated G
81 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: A-

Yes, I went and saw this movie and no you’re not seeing things, I did give this an A- rating. I had my doubts when I went to see this film. I wanted it to be funny, but it was only the in the main theaters for less than 3 weeks. Not a good sign for any film. But in the movies defense, it opened up the same week as The Dark Knight.

The story is set in the near future where NASA sends out a mission rover that is sucked into a wormhole. To see if it is possible for life to survive the wormhole, three chimps are set into space to see what the aftermath would be. Landing on a planet with alien life, the adventures begin to get back home to earth.

This movie was not high quality animation, because it is one of the first from a new animation company, but that did not reflect from the plot. The storyline was not an in-depth, adult humor movie such as Shrek or Cars, it is more on the line for kids, but there is nothing wrong with that. During this film I found myself laughing so hard at some parts, that I missed the next funny lines of the film.

There was only one major issue I had with the film and that is the female chimp, Luna, looked too much like Michael Jackson and that’s all I could think about when I was watching her.

I suggest this film if you’re looking for something to take the family to or if you’re in one of those kiddish moods, you’ll find yourself smiling and reminiscing about a time when NASA actually meant something to the world.

Luna and Michael Jackson
separated at birth?

Best lines
Titan: Are you in alumimum clothes?
Ham III: Yes.
Titan: Are you in a rocket?
Ham III: Yes
Titan: In outer space?
Ham III: Yes.
Titan: Are you David Bowie?
Ham III: Uh... no.
Titan: Then you're an astronaut.

No comments: