Friday, September 12, 2008

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist

Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist
Rated PG-13
90 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: C+


I had no clue what this movie was about when I saw it last night, but I got some free tickets so I thought “What the heck. I’ll see a free movie”. I found it entertaining for the most part for not know what it involved.

Nick is a teen that has recently been dumped by his cheating girlfriend. Moping around for over a month his gay friends, who are in his band, take them out of his home to play a gig in order to cheer him up. While at his set, he runs into girl trouble and the fun begins.

The two main actors Michael Cera (Nick) and Kat Dennings (Norah) did a good job and had great chemistry on film, but the scene stealers where Ari Grayno (Caroline) who plays a drunk blonde trying to find her way home, Nick’s band mates Aaron Yoo (Thom), Rafi Gavron (Dev) and the groupie Jonathan B. Wright (Lethario). The interaction of these four brought out a great supporting cast. Plus, I have to give the writers credit for making a piece a gum an ongoing joke (that worked) throughout the film.

This movie was a bit predictable and was defiantly written for a teenage audience. Unfortunately I can say much about the art direction, cinema photography, digital production etc., because what I saw wasn’t even the final edited version, just a sneak peek or what’s coming out next month.

With a drunk blonde, gay men and teenagers run amuck in NYC, funny things are bound to happen. I suggest this seeing this movie when it comes out on DVD. There’s nothing really you have to see on the big screen that you can’t enjoy on the television.



Fun Line
Nick: [leaving a message on his girlfriend's phone] I think we both said some things we didn't mean, like...when you broke up with me...on my birthday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

there were some awkward moments in this movie that were hard to get past... such as every time that gum was re-used (yuck!)