Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Rated ~ PG-13

124 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: B


*~* WARNING *~*
Spoilers Ahead


Watching this movie I felt like I stepped back into time when I first watched the series when I was just a kid. It had all the typical Indy moves, quirky one liners, lavish death scenes with the bad guys and extreme adventures, that would never truly happen, but that’s what makes it Indian Jones.

I myself love conspiracy theories and the legends of the 13 crystal skulls, so I knew going into the show that it was going to be about the Mayans and extra-terrestrial beings. I know that many people had a hard time grasping the concept of the aliens, but I thought that overall it was done well. Yeah the major special effect of the final being at the end could have used some major revamping, but the effect with the craft disappearing in the ruble, at the end was remarkable as well as the acrobatics of the Mayan guards. To see people move like that amazes me.

As for the acting, I thought that Harrison Ford’s role was the weakest, he still can pull of the Indy character, but I don’t think he could do it much longer. Cate Blanchett and Shia LaBeouf; they truly made their characters credible, but then again I’m a bit bias with Shia.

I’d recommend viewing this film on the big screen so you can get the full effect of the scenery. I also recommend that you go with an open-mind, if not, you’ll hate it. I made myself revert back to a 10 year old and how much I enjoyed the originals when I was young. Hate it or like it, you’ll end up leaving the theater thinking about what could be true about those inhabitants that may be watching us.

1 comment:

orangemily said...

I loved this movie!