Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Hellboy II: The Golden Army
Rated PG-13
110 Minutes
Nicole’s Rating: A


Last night I was lucky enough to get a free pass to see this and I enjoyed it so much, I’d pay to go see it again.

The best way to describe the genre of this film is it is like Lord of the Rings mixed in with Men In Black. And I’m sure I’ll shock many of you when I say that is one of the best movies I’ve seen this summer. Director Guillermo del Toro does a wonderful job with his character creations, art direction and the fight scenes were some of the best I have ever seen. And if you like to laugh, there’s plenty for you. At one point I was laughing so hard, I started to cough. If you have not seen first movie, you’ll still be able to enjoy this movie. With the lag of good sequels lately, I have to say I enjoyed it more than the first one.

The only flaw I could find is some of the CGI effects on the larger creatures could uses a bit of a touch up, but, the effects were amazing to say the least. But probably that best part of the show is at the end when the credits start to roll, the whole audience began to sing along to Barry Manalow. Once you see it, you’ll understand.

Filled with witty humor, fantastic action and some deep emotions, this movie is a must see.

1 comment:

orangemily said...

Rich can't wait to see this! I've never seen the first one even though we own it, I guess I'll have to watch it now.