Saturday, July 19, 2008

Abbygail “Boober” Gizmo Hale

Abbygail “Boober” Gizmo Hale
May 20, 1993 – July 19, 2008

Last night I got a rude awakening. My baby girl has passed away. Just like my uncle, I knew this time was coming. My mom and I even said just a few weeks ago, how much their symptoms are alike and that they’d probably go at the same time…and they did.

She hasn’t eaten in 5 days and she’s been violently ill. But that didn’t stop me from taking care of her until her last breath. I am grateful that she was able to be at home and not at the vet’s office when she went and I’m very grateful that she came and went into my life…in my arms.

I know she was a brat at times, but she was my little brat. We comforted each other through thunderstorms and she lent me her ears when I need someone to vent to. It’s going to take a lot of getting used to not carrying her up and down the stairs, tucking her into bed, feeding her my table scraps and having her chase after people, especially the kids around the pond. The kids and her both loved that game. Her favorite color was green, so I did get her some green flowers. I know what you’re thinking, that dogs are colored blind, but for some reason, she always knew green things, maybe that’s why she liked the grass so much. When she got older she became more loving. She let me hold her and hug her without her wanting to run off. That’s what I’ll miss most is cradling her and having her head nuzzle in my neck.

Most people think that I’m a fool grieving over a pet like I do, but she wasn’t just a pet, she was my companion for half my life. She was there through thick and thin. That unconditional love doesn’t make her an animal, but a true member of the family

I’ll miss you very much baby girl. Have fun playing with Grandma, Buttons and the rest of our angels!



Quirky Quote: Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole. ~Roger Caras

4 comments:

tara said...

i am so sorry for your loss! i lost mine less than a year ago, and it still stings.

because one of the most helpful thing to me was talking to and reading about other people who valued their pets similarly--as you said, not just pets, but companions--i thought you might find the letter i wrote at the time mildly comforting. you are ot alone in needing to grieve for such a thing.

http://t-mobil.blogspot.com/2007/11/letter-to-friend.html

Heather said...

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. If you need someone to talk to I'm here for you. You have always been a good friend, and there for me.

Tiffy said...

Hey, come over so I can give you a hug!!

orangemily said...

I'm so sorry about your sweet puppy! I'm glad we got to see her last week, even just briefly.