Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Power of Friendship, No Matter the Distance

In the past month, I’ve been able to be with many of friends in celebrating birthdays, weddings, and babies, even celebrating just getting out of the house and even those good chats on breaks from work. All these get-togethers are great therapy. Nothing makes me more happy than being with people I love and adore. I’ve learned so much from each person that has enter my life, and most people will realized that if I’ve met up with you, I’ve got your cell phone number and email address stored immediately. I may not be able to stay in constant contact with each individual, but that doesn’t mean that you’re not important to me.

Just today I got some inspiration Laurie and her blog. She wrote about some stuff that she’s going through and how she’s making it work out. I love her positive attitude and I’m hoping that it can rub off on me. Lauren has shown me that keeping in touch, even if it’s through a postcard once a year shows others that you care. Celeste, taking me in as part of your adopted family and letting me be a part of children’s lives is priceless and I hope that one day I’ll be a wonderful mother as you are. Tiffany, Jordan, Alyson, Michelle, Rachel, Heather, Kira, Kathryn, Ginger, Emily, Emily and Emily (great group for anyone with Alzheimer’s), the few hours I get to spend with you the past were ones I’ll never forget. It was so good catching up with y’all this past month's ladies night. Adell , Mike and Rachel, I love how I can bring out my inner geek around you! And April, I’ve known you the longest of just about anyone in my life. You’ve always been there for me, from the good times, the bad times and even the childish times. Thanks for over 2 decades of friendship.

From down the street of across the world I realize I’m a very lucky person to know so many people, with so many different traits and personalities. I wish I could write about everyone and tell them how much you mean to me, and maybe one day I will, but for now, just let me know if you’re reading this I care for you very much and wish you the best.

1 comment:

orangemily said...

I love you Nicole!!!